HTML + CSS for Web Developers
** Follow style guidelines and comments to make your code concise and clear to other developers
- Good HTML
- HTML5 Audio, Video, Local & Session Storage.
- HTML Canvas, Offline(Manifest)
- HTML5 History & Geolocation
- CSS Placement
- CSS Resets & Normalization.
- CSS Preprocessors (LESS/SASS)
- Responsive Design
- CSS Grid Systems
- ICON Fonts
- Twitter Bootstrap 4.
- Bulma (No JS).
- Zurb Foundation. (Alternate to Bootstrap).
- Skeleton – very light Boilerplate CSS.
- DOM Traversal & Manipulation & Creating Elements
- Objects in Detail.
- Scopes & Closures
- Context & this
- Prototypes & prototypal inheritance.
- Objects in Detail
Frontend JS Frameworks (Choose One)
- React: Popular Library for view Layer, JSX, Fast, Redux
- Angular: Popular in enterprise, full featured, ngRx (RxJS powered state management for Angular applications, inspired by Redux).
- js: Fast, light, easy to use, Vuex (state management pattern + library for Vue.js applications)
Server-Side web technologies
- js: Fast, Powerful and scalable
- Python: Popular, Rapid Development, great integration.
- PHP: practical, easy to deploy – WordPress & Laravel
- Ruby: Rapid development, strong community.
- C#/ASP.NET: very powerful, backed by Microsoft.
- Firebase: cloud database maintained by Google
Content Management systems:
- Cloud Hosting: AWS, Heroku
- HTTP and Interacting with the server
- HTTP (request methods – GET, PUT, POST, DELETE)
- Page Request Lifecycle.
- POSTMAN tool for testing endpoints.
Basic Tools & Libraries
- jQuery (DOM Manipulation, Traversal, Animations & XHR AJAX Calls & widespread Use & Plugin Library)
- Underscore/Lodash (Utility Functions)
- MVC frameworks
- Babel & Webpack.
The Browser – Runtime environment for your application.
- Browser Capabilities
- Developer Tools
- Multiple Browser Testing
- Performance of Web App Considerations
- Style & script Placement
- CDN’s (Pre-Caching, Distributed Regional Servers, Reduce Load and Bandwidth).
Side technologies should you learn
- Git, JIRA
- Basic Command Line
- APIS / REST.
- Web-pack & Babel